Dorset Mind is an independent charitable provider of mental health services. We work across Dorset, offering support to anyone in the county and facing a mental health problem, or caring for those who are.
Dorset Mind provides services in Bournemouth, Poole and East Dorset -
- Befriending – Individual support in the community
- Women in Mind – Support groups for women
- Panacea – A self help group for people with anxiety
- Men in Mind – Support group for men
- The Pokesdown club – Sports and activities drop-in
- OCD in Mind – Support for people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Turbary Park Friday Lunch Club – drop-in based in North Bournemouth
3, Stratfield Saye,
20-22, Wellington Road,
Mind Out Dorset Support Group
There is no doubt that Lesbians, gay men, bisexual women and men face discrimination within the present day mental health system – as users, carers and professionals.
The 2003 Mind/University College of London report on mental health of lesbian, gay men and bisexual people found that up to 36 per cent of gay men, 26 per cent of bisexual men, 42 per cent of lesbians and 61 per cent of bisexual women recounted negative or mixed reactions from mental health professionals when being open about their sexuality.
Mind OUT Dorset provides a weekly support group for LGBT people. The Group meets every Thursday from 1pm to 3pm.
at Over the Rainbow, 27 St Michaels Road, Bournemouth, BH2 5DP
Tel: 01202 257478 Information Line: Tel: 0845 6036 309